Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Remembering To Smile

I decided that I really shouldn't back track and rewrite my whole summer. That would take to long. I'm going to focus on my thoughts and feelings of here and now. What I have been thinking a lot about the last few weeks is how I can be a better mom. I know I know, we all think that. But since I got pregnant I just feel like I have been a horrible mom to be around. (I felt the same way after Cameron was born.) I just feel like I'm grumpy, sick or tried. Or I have no patience. I feel like I get annoyed all the time. The other day I read, "No David" to Logan. This book spark a thought in me. How many times do I say No, Logan, Stop, Logan, What did you do Logan, What are you doing? I probably say it 100 times a day. So my goal this week as a mom was to stop saying no, and to just remember to smile. To remember that my kids are little. All they want to do is have fun. I was tested today when I took my kids outside to play. Logan immediately found the mud. Cameron followed. They started to play nicely with it. Then all the sudden, Cameron had mud in his hair, all over his clothes. Logan was laughing, Cameron was laughing. I was laughing. I remembered to smile! I just stood on the porch laughing! Logan looked at me and said, "Mom we are just having some fun. We're ok." I thought, it is ok. Everything washes, including them.

5 comments:

Neena said...

I'm glad to see you are posting. And thanks for the reminder to just smile!!!

tracy said...

I loved the way you just took one paragraph and encaptured a beautiful perspective of truth!
Life is too short to forget that!

Ashley C. said...

good reminder. i needed that. i feel the same way being pregnant! you looked so cute the other day by the way.

hope you are feeling better!!

Bkay said...

You are a great mom. I am not even pregnant and I have very little patience at times...so, today I start SMILING!

c said...

I just came down to escape from the kids, so this message came at a good time :)