Thursday, August 13, 2009

St. George & Finding Paradise At Home

I made the trek down to St. George and back. Let me tell you, driving that far with three small kids is not an easy task. The hardest part was the bathroom breaks and trying to entertain Jace! But the trip was worth the effort. St. George was in the mid 90's and we were able to enjoy most the day outside by the pool. Logan had a blast staying with his Grandparents. He would swim in the morning and late at night. He would cuddle up with Grandma to nap and pal around with Grandpa during the day. When Cameron, Jace, and I walked into the house, Cameron ran up to Logan and Grandma and said, "I missed you!" We had such a wonderful time there-we can't wait to go back.

Grandpa and Grandma bonding with Jace


Logan playing with the guinea pig pleading to bring one home.


Cameron always cuddling with someone...


Listening to Grandma's stories...

Two boys turning into little fish from swimming all day!

While Logan was in St. George I discovered the beach at Day Break. I took the kids over to the lake this week to show them the sand. When we pulled up next to the playground Logan giggled, "Mom you are the best Mom in the world for taking me here. Thank you!" With a big smile on my face, I replied, "Anything for my little guys." I'm glad that I can be the best Mom for just taking him to the park. I know in a few years it won't be as easy.



Lots of sand, sun, and new friends... (Logan always seems to find a bug )


Above the beach, there is a park made out of ropes.

Paradise just 5 minutes away...

3 comments:

Becky said...

That looks fun! I hope it warms up enough for us to venture over there sometime! We'll call you and let you know if we do!

tracy said...

Oh Liz, I look forward to going there with you next week!

Love the photos, especially the praying mantis one - so cute!

Holly said...

You found my blog! We had a lot of fun today. Thanks for inviting us. I would love to get together again soon!