Monday, August 24, 2009

Dear Jace


Dear Jace,

As I write you this letter, you are 5 months old. I look at you, you are so big, yet still so small.
Your smile makes me still want to get up at in the night to feed you. How can I say no?
You laugh is contagious as I tickle your belly with my fingers after your bath.
Each milestone you hit, I'm excited for you, yet I want to rewind time. Sitting upright with almost no help at all, you struggle to keep your balance, stretching your tiny arms out to grab your favorite toy. Gums are aching as teeth try to push through them. Still a toothless smile but you love to chew on anything in sight. Lately, you've noticed your feet, trying to eat those too. Quiet when your brothers are around, watching and learning how to be a "big" boy. Alone, your little voice trickles out of your mouth. I wonder what you are saying. On your tummy you lay, pushing your chest high into the air, knowing there is a way to move.
You love wrapping your little fingers around mine as I rock you. Tonight as we played, you grabbed my face & smiled, knowing how much I love you. Quietly you'll drift off to sleep still wrapped tightly in your blanket. I'll see you at 2 am.






3 comments:

tracy said...

Ohhh... That made me get tears of joy... beautiful!

Ashley C. said...

five months already? where does time go? he is adorable!! so cute! love all your little boys!

Becky said...

So sweet! It always goes quickly, but even faster when you think (or know in my case) that it is your last!