Friday, February 26, 2010

BOY CRAFTS

Lately I have been going a little crazy with trying different craft projects but I've been having so much fun I can't stop. I've learned a lot about myself through trying, and trying and trying. The most important thing I've learned is I'm not perfect. My projects are NOT going to look like some of these amazing people that are just naturally talented. I'll keep crafting and sharing but don't look to close...my projects are not perfect.

Here is a fun soft pillow baby book. The idea is you take used jeans and cut out shapes of favorite things from other clothes or fabric. Here is the original link I found this idea on . http://www.thimblythings.com/2010/02/22/celebrate-the-boy-tutorial-soft-baby-book/#more-370 Her book so so PERFECT and beautiful. I changed my book up just a little

Instead of cutting out shapes I cut up some old baby clothes that had cute printouts. I choose some of the outfits that I remember all three boys wearing :) You also could go and get those iron on patches and use those instead. My book has a lot more pages. I couldn't sew them together with the sewing machine so I used yarn to sew all the pages together. I used cotton stuffing from an old pillow instead of buying batting.
Here is the end result...



I was thinking how fun it would be to make an word book or alphabet or number book! There are so many ideas.









5 comments:

tracy said...

Liz, you are so creative and that book is adorable and precious! What a treasure, too, remembering the time spent in those sweet clothes!

Ashley C. said...

what a cute idea! you are amazing!!

Holly said...

Stop it Liz! You are killing me with all this creativity! I think your book is adorable. Good job!

c said...

What a fabulous idea to use their baby clothes! I love it!

Becky said...

What a fun way to hold on to those baby clothes forever! You may not be perfect, but you are dog on close in my book! When are you going to come over for your dessert? We need to get together!