Monday, October 12, 2009

An Almost 3 Year Old...

Trying to figure out what an almost 3 year old is saying before they have a major melt down is very hard to do. I feel like Cameron has his own language. He talks very well but sometimes he doesn't know how to explain himself. I'm getting better at understanding his "sayings". Here are a few:

These pants are wiggly. Translation: The pants are baggy.

No tiny baby sandwiches. Translation: Don't cut it into small pieces.

My hands are watery. The water won't come off. Translation: He was in the bath to long and his hands are like raisins from the water.

Baby threw up. Translation: Jace has a little bit of slobber on his face.

I'm sad. I need to take a nap. Translation: Nothing is going Cameron's way...he needs a hug and a nap.

He hates it if his food is cut up before you ask him, Can I cut up your hot dog or sandwich? He thinks it is broken if he doesn't see you cut it.

Nothing can be on the couch touching his blanket, even the remote. He will share a small corner with Jace if I promise he won't spit up on it.

You look at you! Translation: Don't look at him.

I can't go to sleep. There are ghosts in my room, see ohhhh. Translation: He watched to many Scooby Do movies today.

I need to draw with a poky crayon. Translation: He wants to color with a pen.

No cheeese...mom. Translation: No pictures (Thats why there are no pictures on this posting today.)

3 comments:

tracy said...

Oh that was so funny! I love the "tiny baby sandwiches" - it caught me off guard as it sounded like making sandwiches out of babies - cute! And the "you look at you!" was so funny also.

Cameron rocks the toddler talk!

Becky said...

Hilarious! At least he recognizes when he feels frustrated that things aren't going his way and has found an acceptable way to deal with it! Kudos to him! And too many Scooby Doo movies...we know how that goes! I'm excited to see you tomorrow!

Emery said...

I Love it!