Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rambling

Today I just feel like rambling on for a minute. I think it's because I've been lock up in our house for over a week and feel a little stir crazy. After a week of fevers, pale faces, and COUGHING I think we are nearing the end of Croup in our house. It's kind of ironic that all three kids were immunized from the seasonal flu shot and HINI and they ended up getting something just as bad! Jared also caught the cold-though his will just be an annoying cough instead of a barking seal cough. So far (knock on wood) I'm not showing any signs of a cold-don't ask me how. I've been wiping noises, getting coughed on and haven't had someone not touching me the entire week.
On top of the cold, Jace had a small procedure done on Friday which involved being fully sedated. (He had to have a few tiny cysts taking off.) We went ahead with the procedure because he wasn't showing any signs of the cold. However yesterday it hit him hard. Now he not only has a stuffy nose, a painful cough, he always has a sore bum.

Here is a few things I learned a few things.

A good Dr. is far more important than a Doctor close to your house. Though it may be convenient it's not always worth it. I ended up waiting over an 1 hour 1/2 just to get a couple of pills. I should of walked out, but I knew Cameron desperately needed some medicine. I VOW TO NEVER SEE THIS DR AGAIN.

I have more of understanding to what kids feel like when they say "I'm bored!" You can only color, watch t.v. and lay around for so long before you go CRAZY.

I have a new perspective on my mom. I don't know how she handled 7 kids! She is amazing.

If treats are the only thing you can get your 2 yr old to eat, it's ok. If your 5 year old doesn't want any treats he feels really SICK!!!

Late night t.v. is funny.

If you mentally prepare for a sleepless night, some how you aren't as tired. Or maybe it's just all the DIET COKE i drank :)

I am OVER DO for a GIRLS NIGHT OUT-so excited that the movie, NEW MOON comes out this weekend!

4 comments:

Emery said...

Sorry for your yucky week. I'm glad the kids are feeling better! You are a good Mom! I'm sure Logan will take good care of you if you get sick. :) (but hopefully, you won't)

Holly said...

Hey Liz! I totally feel you this week. Jeffrey has had a cold for the past week and now has an ear infection. And now Hannah and I are sick with colds. Sick kids make me sad! Sounds like things are looking up at your house :) Let's get together when everyone is healthy.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Ashley C. said...

we have had croup too! and swine flu! ugh. not fun. my kids are still coughing.

i loved your ramblings. i miss you!! i am trying to get a hold of everyone to see if the 30th works. I need so girl time too!!! loves.

c said...

What a rotten week! You're a champ!