Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Boring Day

So today I was in a really bad mood. (Could it be from Logan waking up at 5:30 am to go to the bathroom but not to go back to sleep???) I just felt bored. I felt tired of doing the same thing, dishes, cleaning, cooking, playing cars, watching kid movies. Frankly I was sick of it! I sat on the couch thinking...I need something more. Yet I have plenty to do. I don't know what I want to be doing, but days like this I just want to be on the beach doing nothing.

Even though I felt completely useless today. I still managed to clean and to cook. I took the kids on two walks. We made Halloween spiders from egg cartoons. I tried to finish a really boring book while they watched a movie. I hope tomorrow brings a little excitement. But for now, I will finish my boring day with a boring blog. LOL

4 comments:

Ashley C. said...

man i feel like those days happen way more often than i would like them too. hope today brings excitement... though your boring days would be a welcome treat to my kids with all those fun activities.

Becky said...

Amen to what Ashley said! You are so good to provide that many fun activities for your kids! One thing that I loved about helping with Red Ribbon Week was that I felt like I had a purpose to my day. Not that the mundane everyday things aren't important--they are the most important--it just added some variety that was valuable.

tracy said...

You are a mommy AND a teacher... you have one up on everyone else who doesn't hold the same credentials. You have the inside scoop on what kids like, and fun things for them do do in a learning way. I admire how you can create such a varied environment.

If you are feeling your environment is boring right now, just wait until March! No boredom then! Hee-hee!

Bkay said...

Yeah, I agree with Ashley and Becky, you are so creative! I still have not even decorated for Halloween. We are in Colorado at the moment...all of the nephews are entertaining my kiddos...sweet joy!