Saturday, October 11, 2008

Transition



This week we all felt the cold air coming our way. I prefer 80 degree days and cooler nights. I DO NOT LIKE BEING COLD. However, the changing of seasons marks one of my favorite times for me. Fall pictures! I love dressing my kids up into cute outfits and taking them where there are pumpkins, hay, and trees. I love watching them be kids as I try to snap pictures of them. This year it was a little difficult to get both Cameron and Logan smiling in the same picture, but I still managed to get some great pictures. Logan has always had a "camera smile". Even as a baby he would smile on cue when he saw the camera. Cameron smiles when he is having fun or being tickled. I couldn't pick just one picture to share so I shared all of the pictures that I love. Each one catches Logan and Cameron's personality.







What is it about nap time that is so wonderful? I love nap time sooooo much. I don't know what I would do if my kids didn't take one. I love the quiet, the ability to finally do something for myself or the possibility of me even taking a nap. Logan has always been a great napper. He is a little over 4 and takes two or three a week. When he isn't napping he is at preschool or has quiet time. When he has quiet time, he will stay quiet in his bed for over an hour!!! For Logan this is awesome. Most the time is constantly at a go, so if I can get him to "sit" without entertaining for an hour, I'll take it. Cameron usually takes a two hour nap everyday. I love how predictable things are right now. I'm dreading the time when things aren't...I'm sure when this baby arrives I'll have to learn how to transition to a new schedule and routine. But until then I'm going to enjoy my quiet afternoons! (I just have to mention that Jared went hunting/fishing this weekend. At only 9 this morning I was done being mom. But then this afternoon we all took a 3 hour nap!!! That's unheard of, especially when all we did was sit around this morning. I was concerned about bedtime but both kids went to bed at 8:30. Someone was smiling on me today! Thank you thank you)

7 comments:

Elegante Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elegante Family said...

Sorry, It must be getting late, the post I deleted had a ton of typo's. Anyways your pictures are very cute, I need to do the same thing with my kids. I hope it warms up a little so we can go out. How are you feeling? Talk to you later.

c said...

Cute pictures! I'm with you on not liking the cold -- so what are we doing living in a state that is freezing for more than half of the year?!

Bkay said...

Liz,
Love the picts, and long for naps like in your post! My kids are okay at napping, and I am lucky, but a 3 hour nap...WOW! I am stil looking forward to haning out next week. And I think Becky is too. I miss ya...Bkay

Ashley C. said...

oh the quiet afternoons. i love those. i wish parker wouldnt fight them so. i did get him to nap yesterday.. so we will see. hopefully today!

Becky said...

A well deserved break for a woman who has been left for an elk! I think you are wonderful and am glad you got the rest! Adorable pictures! Especially the last one with you in it!

tracy said...

Awesome, darling, sweet and adorable - you are well above amateur now in your photography!

Looking forward to Thursday!