Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hurray...It's my birthday

Today its officially my birthday! 31! Wow!!! I can't believe I'm over thirty. I remember being little and thinking 30 year olds were soooooo old. BUT THEY ARE NOT! No, I'm 31 but I'm very much still a kid. (I remember hearing that too.) Sometimes when I think about the past I wonder what my life would of been if I would of done this or that. But that is no way to live life. "You can't be happy with the road your on until your happy with the road you've been on." I read this quote a while back and it really stuck to me. There will always be things in your past that if you knew what you know now you would do differently. (Like sleeping! If I would've known that from the moment you are pregnant you'll never sleep again. I would of slept for a whole month :) ) But then you would not be the person you are today. I am the mom, the wife, and the friend I am today because of the experiences I've been through. I am very HAPPY with where I am today. I've decided to share 31 things I am greatly happy for. Enjoy reading.



1. Family-I love our little family of 4 growing into 5. Logan and Cameron bring such fun and energy to our daily lives. I also love knowing that my own brothers, sisters, and parents are just 20 minutes away! Jared-after 13 years of being together I love him beyond love-if possible.
2. Jared having a very stable job
3. Having a home!
4. Healthy kids-(Aside from the winter colds neither Logan or Cameron show any signs of allergies or unusual problems.)
5. Being able to stay home-even though at times I get stir crazy. I love the fact that I'm the one with my kids all day.
6. A fenced in yard!! I love being able to say, "Just go outside."
7. A finished basement- for the same reason..."Go downstairs and play."
8. Friends-both new and old. I don't know what I would do without them.
9. Having my my mom and my mother in law as one of my best friends. They both are very unique. I value their friendship and knowledge of life.
10. Living in a state that I don't have to worry about weather catastrophes. It's great comfort knowing how safe we are with the mountains surrounding us.
11. The ability to drive a short distance to do just about anything: swimming, hiking, camping, fishing, playgrounds, bowling, miniature golfing, walking, scenic drives etc.
12. My digital camera!!!
13. Portable DVD players-these are a lifesavers for those longer drives. Who am I kidding anything over 20 minutes I pop in a movie for the kids.
14. Jared being motivated and handy. That man never sits down!!!
15. Having 4 seasons- although I would like winter to be just a few weeks! I love the changing of the weather. It always gives me something to look forward to.
16. Showers without kids!!!
17. Laughter, especially when my boys laugh
18. Naps
19. Reaching the 12th week mark in my pregnancy. Finally after 8 weeks of being best friends with the toilet I'm finally not throwing up anymore.
20. Not being afraid of trying new things.
21. My teaching background
22. Surprises-Not big ones the little ones. A note hidden by your breakfast, or all the chores being randomly done.
23. Flowers-I love unique colors and shapes.
24. The Internet-it's wonderful to be able to have so much information right at your fingertips
25. The power of understanding-it may seem strange but sometimes when you take the time to understand a situation it solves a lot of problems.
26. That despite being a mom of 2 almost 3 kids I'm not totally crazy.
27. Books- the ability to escape reality
28. Fresh peaches...every July my mouth waters for them.
29. Being in walking distances of two parks-my salvation
30. Peanut butter and chocolate-mmm need I say more
31. Birthdays-a chance to reflect on the past year



I started celebrating today by going out to breakfast with Logan, Cameron, and Kate (the little girl I watch). I was really nervous to take all three to a restaurant alone. But I thought, it's my birthday, we will give it a try. If it doesn't work out we can just leave. Amazingly all three were next to perfect. We shared a pancake, egg, and sausage breakfast. I think Cameron and Kate ate mostly chocolate milk but I'm not complaining-no one was crying. I was glad that I took the leap and just went. It feels great that I can manage three toddlers all by myself in a public place. Tonight a great friend is watching the boys while Jared and I go out to a nice romantic dinner. Although this morning was accomplished without any problems. It will feel great to sit across from another adult without having to cut up his food and bribe him to eat.



5 comments:

Bkay said...

Happy Birthday!
I loved your 31 things to be thankful for. I am so proud of you and all that you have done in your 31 years. You are amazing. I can't wait to see you on Friday!

Neena said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a great day

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Liz! What a fun way to celebrate by showing what you are thankful for! I am thankful for you!

c said...

What?! You don't spoon feed Jared? :) Happy birthday - I hope this is a great year for you!

Ashley C. said...

Happy Birthday. I loved your list. YOu are so cute. I am thankful for you as a friend. Hope your day was perfect!