Friday, September 18, 2009

Hayden Peak Gals



The other night I got together with 3 of my “teacher friends.” I’ve known these ladies for about 9 years. (Two were unable to make it-which we missed immensely. They are the comics of our group and keep us laughing.) We all taught school at Hayden Peak elementary which is in West Jordan. Each day we managed to use our recess times and free moments to connect with each other. As we reminisced about the past, I realized how far each one of us has come in our own life. In a way, we’ve seen each other grown up…from racing to getting engage, to getting married, then to starting families (now all 6 of us have three kids each!). We’ve seen each other grown from just “girls” to amazing moms. Some how when we taught school we managed 26+ kids, most the time without any problems. Now when we get together we tell funny stories about trying to manage just 3 kids (and our husbands J) with out killing anyone. Our outings together usually last hours which never seems long enough. I’m am very lucky to have such beautiful, inspiring, women in my life. Each time we get together I feel recharged and ready to tackle anything. I love you gals and can’t wait for our next night out!!!

4 comments:

Becker Family said...

You are the sweetest thing . . . see what I mean, a beautiful entry with lots of feelings!! I love it!! We love you Liz!! Thank you for keeping everyone together!! I cherish these relationships!!!

Ashley C. said...

oooohh man! I so wish I could have been there. I so love you girls and feel so lucky to have you in my life. I miss you cute Liz! What a lovely post!!

Im up for planning something, when did people want to get together next??

Becky said...

Awww...we love you, too! Thanks so much for always planning it and keeping us together! I always come home recharged, too! You ladies are wonderful! As for when we get together next...ASAP! Love you gals!

Bkay said...

I love you tons! Thanks for a wonderful evening! Every moment that we are together...either all of us our just a few of us, it is always amazing!