Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Not Monday Maddness but...

I know it isn't Monday, but I have felt a little "mad" today. About a month ago I lost my favorite headband and decided to give sewing a try. I created a pattern that would work for me, found my sewing machine buried in the closet and got to work. To my surprise I was able to sew a bunch of headbands while my kids watched t.v. and played with toys. At Christmas time I continued to make bands for my friends and family. Then to my astonishment I had some requests to buy some!!! I enlisted family and friends to help come up with a name...BANDZ BY:LIZ and a logo. Last week I was also asked to sell my headbands at a local hair salon next month. This past week I tried to get tech savoy and set up a store at etsy (bandz.etsy.com). Yesterday I had my first Internet sale!!! YAHOO :) Though I've been busy trying to post pictures and learning new skills I've been having a BLAST. It feels great to have something beyond being a mom all day. An activity that is just for me. Today I was putting together my Internet order and making sure everything looked perfect for a women in Kentucky. It felt strange sending something in the mail to a stranger, but thrilled to have my bandz traveling....

4 comments:

c said...

And they are so cute! Way to go!

Holly said...

Way to go Liz! I'll have to check out your Etsy shop. I loved the one you were wearing yesterday. I'll have to order one from you. It was fun seeing you yesterday!

Jill said...

congrats! that is awesome!

tracy said...

Girl, I am so flippin' proud of YOU!!!!! I cannot wait to wear mine and I am so excited to share your site and talent with everyone I know!