Sunday, April 19, 2009

I FORGOT...


It's amazing how much you forget about having a baby


I forgot...
how many diapers you go through
that when you burp the baby you should always use a burp rag
the amount of laundry you have from being burped up on, peed on, pooped on
how long the nights are
how it seems night time feedings last a lot longer than day time feedings
how cute the other kids are towards the baby
how it's ok if everyone wears their p.j.s all day
how little they are
how big your other kids are getting
how cute a baby looks when they are sleeping

how you have to tell husbands what they can do to help instead of assuming they already know
how sad their cries are not matter what time of day
how your day now revolves around their schedule
how snugly they are

how everyone has to learn patience because you can't do everything at the same time
how you have to watch what your eating because it may bother the baby
how heavy the car seat carrier is!!!
how many things you can do one handed (because your holding the baby in the other hand)
how excited you get when you get three hours of consecutive sleep
how you instantly have so much love for the little one your holding


5 comments:

Becky said...

That definitely is it in a nutshell! I love the one about the 3 hours consecutive sleep...I still get excited about that!

Jackie Blum said...

So true. So very, very true.

Ashley C. said...

what a cute post. loved it. it seems that i have even forgotten some of those things with ruby getting older....

tracy said...

I remember all the things I tried to forget, and I am happy of the things you reminded me of that I miss!

c said...

Great list!