Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Logan's Graduation


Graduation Day!!!


Last Friday Logan graduated from preschool. He will be going to kindergarten next year. He turns 5 at the end of July. He is more than ready for kindergarten. He is very clever and is always trying to figure out how things work. One day he and Jared were playing with some hand held radios. Jared was upstairs and he was downstairs. He thought it was the neatest trick that he could talk to Dad and be able to hear him. He told Jared that it was magic. Then he said, "Ok Dad I'll tell you how it works. It's like electricity going in a cell phone. Things go in cell phones and then come out the other cell phone. They are like phones but they just can't take pictures." That was a pretty good explanation.

Today he told me how rain works. He said "that the cloud soaks up the rain like a giant sponge. Then the wind wrings it out of the cloud and it comes down on us." I love his brain works! I couldn't of explained it better myself.

When we went to Target this past week he stood by the automatic doors eyeing them very closely. He then said that he figured out how they open on their own. He told me "there is a little robot guy above the door and he can see us. When there is a person he pushes the button and it opens the door for them."

At the splash park he was intrigue with how the buckets of water filled up and then tipped over. He ran over to me with his little arms out, "How does the water splash down?" I told him to look really closely. "Oh I see the sprinkler fills the buckets up and then when they are full they wobble and tip over."
Wow! I wish watching water filling up buckets entertained me as much as it did him.



On Sunday we went to a lake in American Fork canyon. We didn't know it was going to be a little windy and cold. Cameron didn't mind, he just wanted to fish. Logan hated it. All I had was a couple of baby blankets to wrap him in. He said to me, "Why does all the people around us have a coat and we don't? I think that is why the fish aren't biting, they are cold. They come up and feel the air and say, I'm cold I'm going back down in the mud. Mom you should really feel the air first before we go anywhere. Then you'll know if we need coats"


I love how he is constantly thinking and asking questions. Our house would be very quiet without him. I hope his teacher is ready for such an inquisitive little guy.

2 comments:

tracy said...

I love Logan! Happy Graduation sweet boy!

Logan IS such a thinker... he will make lots of money one day inventing and creating very needed things for the world.

Then he can pay for you and Jared to be in a REALLY nice nursing home when you are old. LOL.

c said...

Such a fun kiddo! I will miss carpooling next year, hearing the boys talk.