Wednesday, July 8, 2009

3 DAYS OF PATIENCES

The other day I spent $70 for a month worth of diapers for Cameron and Jace. I am finally done with having Cameron in diapers! Today is the second day pee training Cameron. (He has been pooping in the toilet since last October). In the last few months I've started the day with training him only to put him back into diapers by lunch time. Potty training requires an extra boost of patience. You have to have patience to take them to the bathroom every twenty minutes, patience when they pee their pants one minute before you take them, and patience when they don't want to try to pee. This week I took a deep breath and found that extra patience (though sometimes I'm screaming in my head.) On day two, Cameron has only had one accident!!! HURRAY :) we bought new underwear for him and he loves them. I knew if I was persistent he would get the idea of peeing in the toilet. His loves taking his Zebra into the bathroom with him and showing him how a "big boy" pees. Logan has been a big help too. He will remind Cameron that he gets a treat if he goes potty. (Logan thinks he should get a treat also.) I know we will still have Cameron in diapers for naps and night time, but hopefully potty training him will reduce the amount we spend on diapers each month.


Cameron at 2 years 4 months...

4 comments:

Becker Family said...

He is so cute! Isn't potty training hard!!? I think for the naps and night is just great!!!

Becky said...

Yahoo for you! I am so excited that it has progressed this far! And I think Logan should get a treat, too! My mom would give any brother or sister who took me to the toilet a treat for taking me and everyone would get more if I actually performed! It really cut down on her having to do it every 20 minutes. On second thought, I'm not sure I would want Corinne or Trent doing that though...I'm funny about toilet germs!

Ashley C. said...

i think potty training is one of the worst parts of parenting! way to go on getting him to be done during the day. that is so nice. i loved it when parker was all done. it is the best to only buy one size of diapers.

what a cutie!

c said...

Hurray! That's a success for cameron and for Mommy!