Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight Movie Review

I loved reading the Twilight series. The books were very entertaining. I loved reading about Bella and her growing relationship with the popular guy, Edward. The books made me nostalgic for high school. There was such a magic with the story...popular vampire boy falls in love with new plain girl. While reading I was in a trance...I couldn't put the books down. When they kissed, you could feel the passion radiated from the book. When Bella was in trouble, your heart pounded waiting to see how Edward would save her, which was always a powerful moment. The movie however was a huge disappointment. I was grateful to be sitting by a friend that laughed the entire way through with me. It seemed to me that it was a budget film gone bad! (As if budget films are ever good.) I could of filmed it in my backyard and done a better job. The special effects, the script, the camera angles and even the actors were horrible. Edward was nothing like the Edward Cullen in the book. He was a dork, a creepy dork. The other Cullen's were pasty with their white powered makeup caked on. I about peed my pants when Dr. Cullen was introduced-his face looked like a clown getting ready to perform at a birthday party. The scenes with Bella and Edward were nothing but passionate. They were awkward and cheesy-the elevator music in the background didn't help much. At times, it seemed that Edward was searching for words, like he just memorized them and had a hard time remembering what to say. Even though the movie was a bit cheesy, Bella was awesome. I couldn't help but think of what is to come of her in the next two movies. I hope that with the amount of money they are making on this film, they will put a little more in the next two. They should also give the actors some acting lessons. If you've read the books, go see the movie. It will make you appreciate the power of your imagination.

3 comments:

c said...

I heard so many unhappy reviews before I saw it, that I was actually a little rrelieved when I saw it. Yah, I gagged when they introduced Dr. Cullen too. And funny that none of the Cullens were so powered caked after the
1st introduction - weird. I heard it really was a low budget film (30 million) and that now that it has proven to be a hit, the next one will have a lot higher budget.

Ashley C. said...

i still need to see it. i have heard such mixed reviews. oh well. i did like the books though!

Jill said...

Great Review! I was really grateful that you laughed with me and didn't take it seriously. It was fun seeing it with you! I am still laughing about your Jasper/Edward Siscorshands comparison!!