Wednesday, February 4, 2009

KING KONG

The last few weeks I've been so worried about the baby coming early, I've forgotten to take the time to just enjoy being pregnant. Last night (at midnight) the baby was making my tummy bounce and rumble. This little baby has such a strong punch and kick you can see my stomach move. As I laid there feeling each movement I started to think how this would be the last time I would feel a baby inside me. It's bitter sweet. As much as I worry and struggle with what the contractions are doing, it's hard to think, "I will never feel a baby move around my belly again." It is a strange thought. As I patted my tummy I realized that I need to stop worrying so much (which is easier said than done). I just need to take one day at a time. This pregnancy will be over before I know it and I won't experience any of the ups and downs ever again. I'm going to try send all my energy to the baby's "King Kong" movements. I want to remember this pregnancy not for the daily and constant contractions, but for those "little" kicks and punches :)
(On the ultrasound this week the tech showed me that this baby already has hair. I almost started to cry. I was so excited to see my baby growing and wiggling.)

2 comments:

Bkay said...

You certainly have the right attitude Liz! I am proud of you. You have always been one to look on the bright side of things. I am excited for your little baby too. And hearing about your ultrasound it made me excited for mine coming up on the 18th! You are still in our prayers.

Ashley C. said...

oh liz. i am thinking about you. way to have such a positive attitude about all that kicking. i am excited to meet the little one too.
missed you the other day. hope to see you soon.