Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yipee!

I went to the Dr.'s today and there were no surprises. Every thing is the same. I haven't progressed any more from last week, the medicine seems to be holding down the contractions. Phew! What a relief. I was really nervous and anxious this morning. I even put the "hospital bag" in the car. I was thrilled to hear that things are stable. The goal is two more weeks and then I can stop taking the medicine and start doing some normal duties again. For now the bed rest is working. I'm not suppose to clean, cook, or do any child care. OKAY :) I'm going to have to hire a nanny after all this b/c I'm being spoiled. The only concern during this visit was I've lost 6 lbs. in the past week. I blame it on the medicine. Even though it's not listed in the side effects, it makes my heart beat in the 120-130's when I'm just sitting watching t.v. The scale may not reflect it, but I know the baby will get what it needs. My butt has plenty of fat storage for it to take. I have a huge hunch that this baby will come around March 8th & it will be a boy weighing 6lbs 4 oz. Grandma Laura thinks March 11th, a boy weighing 7lbs March 11th is her birthday :))What does everyone else think?

6 comments:

Bkay said...

Well, if everyone is saying boy, I will say girl. And, I will go with 7 lbs 2 oz. I miss you. We had our ultrasound today and didn't find out the gender...I thought of you!

tracy said...

I am going to go with a girl, 6 lbs 12 ounces, and I am so happy that you are staying rested and stable!

tracy said...

Oops... and I say about March 4th...

Ashley C. said...

i say march 5th. girl. 6lbs. 2 oz.
hang in there and enjoy the rest.

and can i get some of those meds. i would like to lose 6 lbs. this week!

loves.

Becky said...

Amen to what Ashley said! I would love to lose a little weight, too! I guess a girl weighing in at 6 lbs 10 1/2 oz on March 5. Also, I think you will follow in Ashley's tradition and have a Cafe Rio salad as the post-delivery meal!

Jackie Blum said...

Yay for the victory! Keep up with the bed rest - it really does work! You should go to expectnet.com and download their FREE baby pool to your blog. I did it and it was a blast. It's free to submit a guess, and everyone can keep track. Thinking of you ALL THE TIME!