Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mother-In-Law




Last week Jared's mom, Laura, stayed with us for a entire week. I am so thankful for how well I get along with her. She has always been a great friend to me. During the week she helped with the kids, the chores, and cooked some good meals. When she left I thought, "How am I going to get back to doing everything on my own while Jared is at work?" The last few days have been an adjustment. Having her here allowed me to get some much needed rest and not have to worry about two other little ones all day. Cameron and Logan miss her too. Logan is demanding that we "GO TO ST.GEORGE RIGHT NOW!"

While she was here, she finished making Logan some slippers. He wears them every morning. It's sweet. Cameron loved running to her in the morning when she woke up, chanting "Grandma, Grandma..." They both loved going through her makeup bag and seeing "little bottles" of stuff.

Grandma Laura, we love you. Thank you for helping us and bringing such great joy into our lives. It won't be long before we see you again!!! St. George is only a car ride away.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Kate and I love Grandma Laura, too!

Jackie Blum said...

Such a sweet post. I am sure your mother-in-law truly appreciates your gratitude! It's great that she doesn't live too far away, and I'm glad to see you got some much-needed rest. Stay off those feet! it's won't be long now!