Thursday, February 26, 2009

ONE PILL, TWO PILLS

34 weeks and counting! I have finally made it past the scary zone for having a baby. I went to the Dr. yesterday and I've haven't changed now for two weeks. The Dr. thought I could reduce my contraction medicine back down to 30mg twice a day. When she told me this, I was ecstatic. I have been taking 60 mg twice a day-which is very hard on my body. However, last night after taking only one pill before bed I woke up with really intense contractions about 6 minutes apart. One pill is not going to keep the contractions away. If I want to keep this baby growing inside me for a little bit longer, I'll have to take two. As hard as it is on my body and mind, I'll do it for the baby. I feel if I can get to 35/36 weeks the baby will be healthier and happier for it. One more week right :) Then the real work will begin.
Grandma is going to stay until Wednesday to help me get one more week. I'm very thankful for having her. The kids are adjusting. They have started to listen to her and obey what grandma has to say. I know it's hard for Logan to have three adults in the house telling him what to do-it's hard for me! A Grandma is suppose to be the one who lets you eat treats all day and get way with stuff, not the one making you eat fruits and veggies and putting you in time out. But without Grandma Laura, we would be in deep trouble, Logan will just have to endure a little bit longer. Her and I have come up with a system to help me get some rest and the kids to rely on her more. In the morning they are basically "locked" downstairs with her. We simply lock the gate to the stairs so they can not come up and bang on my bedroom door. As long as Logan doesn't ask for me, Cameron stays happy.
With all this time on my hands I've been able to read A LOT! I don't have a t.v. in my room so unless I want to sort my underwear drawer :) I've been occupying my time with books. A few weeks ago I read THE READER, which Hollywood has made into a movie. The book was ok but I think the movie will be better b/c the actors will add some drama to the story. After reading this book I started reading three other Holocaust stories.

I'LL PLANT YOU A LILAC TREE : This book tells a story about a young girl and her life before, during, and at the concentration camp. (Adult fiction)

NUMBER OF THE STARS : Quick young adult book- It tells a story about a girl and her best friend. I thought the title should be THE HANDKERCHIEF because the story really is about a special handerchief and the singifinace of how it changed history.

THE FINAL JOURNEY: The entire book is about a young girl and her journey on the train taking her to the concentration camp. On her journey she had to learn the real facts about what why she was on the train and what was happening in the world around her.

DEVIL'S ARITHMETIC: Another quick read... A little girl goes back in time and experiences life being dragged away to a concentration camp and surviving.

Now I'm reading BRIAR ROSE. I don't know why I'm so intrigue by such an unpleasant subject, but I tend to do that with books. I pick one genre and read it until I can't stand it anymore-then I move onto the next. I should be revisiting how to take care of a newborn. Even though I've been through this twice I'm sure I'll have some surprises and a list of questions that I'll be running to the book store to help me answer.

Here is a recent picture of me...i feel funny posting a picture of myself but what the heck... Black is such an awesome color. I almost don't look prego.

3 comments:

Ashley C. said...

you are as cute as they come!!

goodluck with all those pills. and yes- you can do it- one, two more weeks.

enjoy the reading. sounds kinda nice actually!

Bkay said...

You look amazing. I don't think any black could help my situation! Good luck with the next week or so, and call me when you are ready for a visit!

tracy said...

You are a reding fiend! Awesome!

You look adorable and I am so happy to hear you are still going along good... I got back late last night.

And, okay... you look stunning of course, but I want to see a side shot - that little ball is too cute to hide in a head on shot.