Tuesday, March 17, 2009

36 & 5 Days

36 and 5 days just isn't 37 weeks...Deep down I knew that my Dr. wouldn't help my irregular contractions until Friday, but it was worth a try. Friday I will be 37 and 1 day and she agreed to strip my membranes. I remember doing this with Logan, but they also broke my water and I had a epidural quickly afterwards. I remember walking up to the hospital check in and thinking "These contractions are more painful." But I don't remember hours of being miserable. Every one keeps telling me how painful stripping your members can be...yikes.
Today would of been a great spring day to have a baby, but now Cameron has the cough and cold and needs me. I'd rather have him feeling better by Friday then worrying about him and bringing a new baby home to kids with colds. I'm trying to see the big picture...there is a reason this baby hasn't been born yet. I would love for the zoning of my foot to work it's magic and go into labor within the next few days on my own. I'm not really looking forward to having my membranes stripped. After having the procedure done I'll just come home and wait for the contractions to become really intense-doesn't sound that fun. But the last few weeks of endless contractions haven't been that fun either. I just think my uterus doesn't know what it should be doing!
What has been fun is being able to go outside without a coat! Today is such a pretty day. I'm looking forward to spring and saying goodbye to winter. I just hope mother nature doesn't trick us again and throw us a late March snow storm! Anyways, I'll keep every one updated!!!

1 comment:

Bkay said...

We still have 20 hours left! Don't give up hope... the zone will do SOMETHING. However, I do have to say that there are powers stronger than a zone, and I know HIS plan will go they way it is supposed to go! That baby will come! Sooner than later right?