Friday, March 20, 2009

Poked and Prodded

No baby yet...at 9 this morning the Dr. strip my membranes hoping to cause harder and more productive contractions. Almost 8 hours later I have cramps & contractions. But the contractions are ten or more minutes apart. I'm waiting impatiently for harder and closer ones to come. Dr. said that it will bring on labor contractions if my body is ready for labor. She said it could take a few hours to a few days. I just think it's funny that nothing that exciting is happening. After months of being worried that the baby was coming early, he or she doesn't want to come at all. I'm going to try to relax and enjoy the rest of the first day of spring. The baby will eventually come out, just on it's on clock not mine. :)

2 comments:

Ashley C. said...

oh i hope for your sake that the little one hurries up! cant wait to hear the good news. hang in there.

tracy said...

Tick tock, tick tock... any day now! Thanks for the sweet birthday card and gift - you are a great friend!