Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patty's Day Baby???

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's day, will I be lucky enough to have this little baby? I HOPE SO!!!! I thought about sparing every one from another blog about my endless battle with contractions, but I'm venting not complaining :) Plus you are choosing to read it, I'm not forcing you to. Now that I'm off the medicine, my contractions come in waves from a few minutes to hours. Last Wednesday, Saturday, and last night I had hours of medium to hard 4 min contractions apart. But they didn't continue & they weren't causing pain, so technically they aren't true labor contractions. Tomorrow I see my Dr. I hope she will help them be more productive and start turning into "real" labor contractions. I'm slowly dilating so they are doing something...just not that quickly. That's the problem with contractions, you don't know what they are actually doing. If you have them early on in pregnancy everyone panics b/c you don't know if they are going to cause you to progress or not. Clearly, my contractions, though frequent and annoying are just that. They are like the tortoise in the Tortoise & the Hare story, slow and steady!!!

Today a friend (Brendy) is going to rub my feet. It's a method called zoning (reflexology). My sister inlaw had her foot zoned and went into labor about two days later. If it doesn't "help" the baby come, at least I'll have a great time visiting with a friend as she rubs my foot. HA HA I have the best friends in the world.

3 comments:

Ashley C. said...

oh i hope it does put you into labor! my niece is a st. pattys day baby- they are the best. i will be thinking about you!

Bkay said...

I know that Foot Zoning is going to help...I just can't wait for the phone call in less than 48 hours!

tracy said...

I want that foot rub and I am not even pregnant! :) Keep me posted, my beautiful friend!