Wednesday, March 4, 2009

BED REST IS OVER

Dr. gave me the green light to have the baby. I'm 35 weeks and she said that at this point they do not stop the labor. I know many people would be doing just about anything to start labor but I'm going to wait it out a few more days. I feel that when I go off the medicine, the baby will come (at least I'm hoping). However, Jared & my mom got a cold this week. I would like both of them to be healthy before this little one is born. (Hubby also mentioned under his breath something about fishing on Saturday. Hmm, should I let him go...) Plus, 35 weeks still seems to early for me. I would like to be 36 weeks (which is when I had Cameron). Last night I slept a lot better knowing that it would be ok if this little one decided to come. I've been VERY stressed out about he/she being delivered any sooner. Dr. took me off bed rest and Grandma Laura went home today. It's bitter sweet having her leave. I adore her and appreciate all the help she gave me. For two weeks I've been able to "sit" around, sleep in, and not have to do any chores. When in my life will I ever have that opportunity again??? Unless I'm on vacation, never. Yet I do feel good about getting up and "taking back" my role in the family. I'll keep every one posted on when I actually go into labor!! I'm finally excited about this little one coming!!!!

4 comments:

Jackie Blum said...

WOO-HOO!!! You made it! Congrats, Liz. From here on out, it's smooth sailing... Until he's born, that is. :o)

tracy said...

Oh Liz! I was thinking about you while I was on the trip, and wondering...

You let me know what and when - I have tomorrow afternoon and Friday morning open. (I need to leave at noon on Friday to head downtown).

And Jackie, don't throw out "he" just yet... I voted for a "she"! :) We shall see very soon!

Ashley C. said...

ooh. i am so happy for you. cant wait to see whether this little one is a he or a she.

c said...

hang in there... the longer the better even though it is not so fun right now!