Monday, March 30, 2009

RUB A DUB DUB THREE BOYS IN A TUB!!

Jace Riley Friel
7 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches long Born 3/26 at 10:01 pm










Thursday: Quick summary of our special day...

Right after I posted my last post I started to have some strong contractions that were about 5 minutes apart. I decided to grab the kids and go to the hospital. I was hoping by the time I got there the contractions would be closer together. I was no longer worried that they would last for a few hours, or that they were labor contractions. The Dr. had mentioned that if I came in and showed 3-5 min contractions she would keep me. After an hour of being monitored the nurse informed my dr and they decided that I had progressed from the morning visit, therefore, they could keep me! I was so excited!!!! From 4 until 6 they gave me potocin to increase my contractions. After the contractions were about one minute apart I got the epidural. Around 7:45 the Dr. broke my water. We discussed how it took about 3 hrs with my other two kids after my water broke to deliver. At 8:45 I called the nurse in, informing her I felt a little strange...she checked and I was fully dilated and ready to delivery-in less than an hour! WOW! The Dr. was next door delivering another baby so I was suppose to "hang tight" for a few minutes. At 9:30 the Dr. came in and at 10:01 little Jace was born. Everything happened so fast I almost didn't know what was happening. The delivery went well and my mom was able to be right outside the door and join us quickly afterwards. It was excitng for Jared to call out..."It's a boy!" (my instincts were correct...)
Jace is doing great at nursing and sleeping. I know I'm back to getting up every few hours, but I love having quiet time with him and being able to snuggle with him without other little bodies. Logan and Cameron love him, they want to hold him and help change his diaper. When I nurse, they both are very intrigued about what the baby is drinking. Each time Logan watches, he trying to process "how the milk gets into my boobs and into the baby". Cameron just says, "Whats that? What is he doing?" Jared is helping soooooo much. He is playing Mr. Mom. He is entertaining the kids, cleaning, cooking, and letting me get some rest. I'm very lucky that he can stay home for the next week. He is an awesome husband.











7 comments:

tracy said...

It was so good to see new ADORABLE Jace tonight and visit with you all. I am so happy that it went so well and you really did speak it to happen on the day you wanted it to! Look forward to getting together soon again.

c said...

Great pictures! You look wonderful, Liz! So happy to be done with it all, I'm sure. And Jace is so cute! Can't wait to see him in person. Congrats!

Jackie Blum said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MOMMY! Take a deep breath... it's over. And what a wonderful ending to a rather stressful and exciting story! The pictures are beautiful (no mother should look that good immediately after delivery, by the way), and I love the name! Welcome to the world, little boy!

Jackie Blum said...

P.S. I knew something was up when you didn't post for a few days... :o)

Neena said...

Congratulations he is adorable, can't wait to see you guys on Thurs.

Jill said...

He's so cute, Liz! He looks just like a Friel baby boy. Congrats!!

Ashley C. said...

oooh. he is so cute! congrats. cant wait to see the little guy. love you.